Ontario Standardbred Horsepeople’s Retirement Program
The money will be deposited to qualified horsepeople’s Manulife accounts on or before December 31, 2021.
Anyone currently involved in the Standardbred Industry as an owner, trainer, driver, breeder, assistant trainer or groom may join the plan and contribute yearly.
Eligibility for the industry contribution is determined by having 12 starts in the previous year as an owner, trainer, driver, or breeder, or providing proof of full-time employment as an assistant trainer or groom in the previous year.
- For full-time owners, trainers, assistant trainers, drivers, breeders and caretakers/grooms
- Savings for retirement
- Tax deductible contributions
- SRA (Standardbred Revenue Allocation) monies also contributes on your behalf
- Contributions up to Income Tax Act (Canada) allowable maximums
- A choice of quality investments
If you have any questions please contact OHHA at (905) 854-2644.