Addendum to CPMA Return to Racing Memo n,
- The wearing of masks at all times while in the retention area is mandatory.
- We are removing the requirement for horsepeople to wear gloves in the retention area as our crews have reported concerns with wet gloves and slippage.
- Cloth and surgical-style face masks that enclose the nose and mouth are acceptable. Scarves and bandanas are not acceptable face coverings.
- Please note that proper hand hygiene (hand washing) continues to be of utmost importance.
- Retention time will be reduced to 40 minutes (from 60 minutes)
- For clarity, the official retention time before drawing a blood sample is 40 minutes from time of entry to the Retention Area.
EIPH Program Payments
- For Standardbred racetracks subscribing to the EIPH program, to help maintain physical distancing, we ask that payment for EIPH programs be made by (1) voucher; (2) cheque; or (3) exact change.
- Racing Forensics is developing an electronic reminder and payment system to support paperless transactions.
Thank you for your assistance.
Richard Tso, B.A.Sc.