Dresden Raceway will have horses circling the local oval this summer but will have several strict COVID-19 procedures in place for the safety of all participants.
Dresden will have nine live race cards starting June 7 and running through August 3 with a new post time of 1:00 p.m.
The most notable COVID-19 precaution is that fans will not be allowed on Dresden Raceway property during the races as under orders from the Province of Ontario.
Fans who are still looking to get their fix will be able to watch races as they will be streamed live at dresdenraceway.ca and live viewing and wagering will be available on the HPI Network.
Dresden Raceway will be hosting qualifiers on Sunday, May 31 going to post at 12:00 noon.
DRESDEN RACEWAY COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES
- All People MUST pass a screening questionnaire and a temperature reading before entering Dresden Raceway backstretch.
- All People on the grounds at Dresden Raceway MUST wear a mask covering their nose and mouth.
- All People on the grounds at Dresden Raceway MUST practice social distancing.
- ADMITTANCE ONLY to those participants that have a horse racing. Only one participant per horse. (Some exclusions will be made for multiple horse trainers/drivers)
- All People entering the backstretch area MUST be licensed by AGCO and people age 16 and under are NOT permitted.
- All Trucks and Trailers MUST be parked in designated areas near the barn where your horse is being stabled and all personal vehicles not transporting horses will be parked outside the gate.
- NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED
These protocols are subject to change depending on government instructions…they may be loosened or tightened. (PEOPLE NOT ADHERING TO PROTOCOL WILL BE EJECTED)