Woodbine Entertainment has announced that a pop-up COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic will be hosted at Woodbine Racetrack, which is located in a ‘hot spot’, beginning on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 10 a.m. for the Rexdale Community.
The vaccine clinic, which is supported by the North Etobicoke Community Cluster Partners, will operate for a minimum of three days and is open to individuals 18 years and older in 2021 and living in ‘hot spot’ communities in M9V and M9W.
“We are very proud and grateful to be able to host this much needed pop-up clinic at Woodbine Racetrack for the Rexdale community,” said Jim Lawson, CEO, Woodbine Entertainment. “We look forward to working with our community partners over the coming days to deliver a positive experience that will benefit people throughout Rexdale.”
The Pop-Up COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic will also be open to frontline essential workers who provide daily care to the horses stabled at Woodbine Racetrack.
“These workers are critical to the well-being of more than 1,000 horses and obviously cannot work from home. Many of them live in dormitories on our property and in the surrounding areas,” said Lawson.
Details of the Pop-Up COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
Pop-Up COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
Wednesday, May 5 through Friday, May 7; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (or until vaccine supply of 2,400 vaccines per day runs out)
555 Rexdale Blvd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 5L2
(Rexdale Blvd & Hwy 27)
Gate 10, Free Parking Available
- Open to adults 18 years of age and older who live in M9V and M9W
- Essential Frontline Workers who work on the Woodbine Backstretch
- Drop-in only. No appointments required.
- Individuals who do not live in the above postal codes will be turned away to ensure there are enough vaccines for local residents.
- Please bring your health card and proof of address, such as driver’s license or piece of mail. (You do not have to have a health card or OHIP to get vaccinated)
- All residents and volunteers will be required to wear a face mask and follow all COVID-19 Prevention Protocols while on property.