The Central Ontario Standardbred Association (COSA) and TROT Magazine are pleased to announce the 2nd annual COSA Fantasy Stable Contest.
Administered by Standardbred Canada, the inaugural contest, held in 2020, proved to be very popular with horsepeople and fans alike. Focussing on the Ontario Sires Stakes program, the contest is FREE to join and asks participants to assemble a stable of trainers, drivers, and Ontario-based stallions, as well as both two and three-year-old OSS-eligible racehorses for the upcoming season.
The number of categories has been expanded this year so each stable will include:
- Three drivers (dollars accumulated equal to 5% of their 2021 OSS earnings)
- Three trainers (dollars accumulated equal to 5% of their 2021 OSS earnings)
- Four sires (dollars accumulated equal to 10% of their progeny’s 2021 OSS earnings)
- 12 OSS two-year-olds (dollars accumulated equal to their TOTAL 2021 earnings)
- 12 OSS three-year-olds (dollars accumulated equal to their TOTAL 2021 earnings)
“The contest proved to be popular last year and works well to help put a focus on the Ontario Sires Stakes program itself,” commented COSA Director Matt Bax. “The OSS is great program, and in this contest we even get people looking up pedigrees on two-year-olds they’ve never heard of. We believe that it’s a fun way to try and get more people watching and maybe even get more involved.”
The Grand Prize that will go to the winner of the contest is once again valued at over $4,000 — a night in a private suite at Woodbine Mohawk Park, with $2,500 in betting vouchers and $1,500 in food and drink.
The winner of the inaugural contest in 2020 was Peterborough’s Dan Davis. There will once again be HPI vouchers of different denominations awarded as prizes to all of those finishing in the top 20 spots.
The contest, which closes for entry at 5:00 p.m. (EST) on May 21, is now open. Full contest rules are available here.